From: McCready, Joan [mailto:Joan.McCready@metaltekint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 3:05 PM
To: MAPICS-List (E-mail)
Subject: Browser memory issues

To all -

Sigh. I just got off the phone with MAPICS support. We have an end-user who
has set up a view and subset over MO Operations (we're using Browser and
EPDM at Rel 4 - MO Operations is a look-only card). If he tries to copy this
view and subset combination to clipboard to load into Excel, his PC locks up
with an "out of memory" error.

Mine does, too. I have 256 mb memory. At MAPICS support, their PC didn't
lock up, but it took over 15 minutes to copy to the clipboard. They have 512
mb memory. The problem with this view is that it includes two "calculated"
fields, both of which are essential to the task my end-user is trying to
accomplish. Views without calculated fields don't cause a problem.

Just how much memory DOES the Browser need to work? I know the Rel 6
documentation says 128 mb (we've ordered and are in the process of
installing to get all Browser-using PC's up to 128), but what do you REALLY
need?

Anyone else, especially on Rel 6, having out-of-memory problems with
Browser? How about with some of the new Browser functions - MM, OBPM, CSM,
etc.? Any words of wisdom?

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International               fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division             www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070