Steve,

Check out file MBGGCPP

GGABGY         A      3          171    173    Credit memo reason
GGABGZ         A     25         174    198    Credit/debit reason
description
GGESST         A      1           199    199    Credit memo code

This may be what you are looking for.

Jack Roughgarden
Custom Systems Corp
Sparta, New Jersey
973-726-0202 x210

                    sjones@hpproducts

                    .net                     To:     mapics-l@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        Subject:     Credit Memo Reason
Codes
                    drange.com

                    06/08/01 03:18 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

Until recently we entered all items that were being returned into a
home-grown application and called it MAA Entry/Maintenance.  After the we
received the items from the customer, we would then issue a credit memo for
the items and close the MAA.

We wanted to make Customer Service more efficient, so it was decided that
we should just enter a credit memo and when the items are returned we could
use the credit memo processing screen to issue the correct credit.

That process is working well, except for a few things.  When the items are
processed as returned they are removed from the open order side & created
in the history side of MAPICS.  That is fine except that now we have no
idea of when the credit memo  was entered and by who.  Also the credit
reason code on the line it is not in history.

I have looked in all the files that I know of & can not find the reason
code in history.  It is in the open credit memos in file MBCDREP field
CDF4CD.  Does anyone know if it moves to history or just goes away?

The issue of who/when also happens to us on regular orders as well, but we
modified the programs that create the history records to use the who/when
from the open file.  Doing this for credit memos can be done, but I find it
hard to believe that we are the only company that have this issue.

Thanks for your input.

Steve Jones

+---
daveshaw@bellsouth.net