  • Subject: Re: Flagging an individual order for partials O.K.
  • From: Bert Strouwen <bert.strouwen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:27:08 +0200

Hi,

I have been working with Mapics for some years now and we have encountered
these problems
also.  Now for us it is not a major problme but in your case with the computer
parts I can see
the problem.

There is always a solution with the API or User exits at the time you create a
pick list.  I
alos wonder how you create your pick list.  There is an option (F22) in there
that can be used
to change the mode for printing and creating an pick list.  We always use the
stock pick that
only prints and creates a pick list when the is enough available stock.

What could also be an option is to use Kits in COM which in his turn would be a
product
containing all the components and if there is not enough stock of one component
no pick list
is made.

I hope this helps a bit.

Bert Strouwen
European Business Analyst
bert.strouwen@sylvania-lighting.com

sjones@hpproducts.net wrote:

> We would LOVE to see the same thing!!!  Our work-around for this is to have
> Customer Service add comments to the order with instructions on how to
> handle this order.  Not fool proof and if you want to use "smart"
> pick-lists, that does not get reflected correctly either.
>
> <rant on>
> HELLO MAPICS ARE YOU LISTENING?
> <rant off>
>
> Steve Jones
>

>                     LDEGNON@AMPRO.COM
>                     Sent by:                 To:     MAPICS-L@midrange.com
>                     owner-mapics-l@mi        cc:
>                     drange.com               Fax to:
>                                              Subject:     Flagging an
>individual order for
>                                              partials O.K.
>                     03/26/01 01:48 PM
>                     Please respond to
>                     MAPICS-L
>

> We are getting ready to go "LIVE" on Mapics 6.0 April 2, and something has
> come
> up that we do not have an answer for.
>
> In MAPICS, it appears that one must, in the customer master, flag whether
> Partials are acceptable or not. This is fine, but it appears that there is
> no
> way, on a per order basis, to tell Mapics that on a particular order,
> partials
> or not acceptable.
>
> The majority of our customers are flagged as "Partials O.K.", but we VERY
> often
> have certain orders that need to be booked as "No Partials". (an example
> would
> be a board as line item one, memory as line two, disk on chip as line
> three,
> etc.)
>
> The customer cannot use any of the product if just one of the lines are not
> present, so in this case, the order needs to be flagged as "NO PARTIALS".
>
> If the same customer orders 10,000 boards to build product and we have only
> 6,000, we would want to send off the 6,000, so as not to cause a "line
> down"
> situation.
>
> I think there must be some others out there that have run into this
> scenario
> also. If so what do you do? Am I missing something???
>
> Lloyd H. Degnon
> Ampro Computers Inc.
> ldegnon@ampro.com
> 408.360.4365