Environment: Mapics DB, Mod 4
Uncontrolled Warehouses
IM, PC&C and PDM

Hi Terry Rhoades:

Thank you for your suggestion.

I revised my Query for the Warehouse in question and added a column for the
Inventory Flag field.  All the items numbers appearing in the report
(aproximately 100 of them) had a flag setting of "1", which means, "Inventory
Item."

Therefore, the Inventory Flag setting does not appear to be the cause of the
problem with the Mapics "Inventory Valuation" Report (AMISQ).

I next visited the Mapics website and found Inquiry # 371259.  This Inquiry
covers the exact problem I am experiencing with AMISQ.  Their "cause" of the
problem is stated as follows:

"When the Item Class From and To values were left blank on the Inventory
Valuation Select screen, only those items with Item Class equal to blanks were
appearing on the report."

When I went back and looked at the Help screen for AMISQ, under Item Classes
From/To, it says:

"To print all item classes, leave these fields blank."

So what is actually happening when AMISQ is created and what the Help screen
says are in conflict with each other.  Mapics has issued a Fix for this problem
and I've disclosed it to our Head of Information Services for his further
evaluation.

Thank you for your comment and I hope that my disclosures on this matter are of
interest to other Mapics ML readers.

Have a nice weekend to all.

Regards....

--
Above message before copy enclosure (if any) was sent by:

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR 97526
aldg@mail.rvi.net; aldg@webtv.net;
ICQ # 12342782; and thru
MSN Messenger (aldg@hotmail.com)

------Your 1/26/01 Original Reply Message------

>From: Terry.Rhoades@blum.com
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:10:17 -0500

>Just to verify.....
>Have you checked the inventory flag in ITEMASA for those 96 items?  The flag
>should be set as 1= Inventory item, but if it is set to
>2=Miscellaneous item, 3=Service item or 4=Unstocked item, that would explain
>the report.

------End of Your Original Reply Message------

+---