  • Subject: RE: What's up with all these data areas as owned objectsby myself?
  • From: "Bill Roha" <Broha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:47:06 -0500

If it's in QTEMP it can't have anything to do with the u-jobs, since they are
different jobs.

Do a DSPLIB QTEMP and see how many objects are there.  There "can't" be
duplicates.

If DSPUSRPRF shows more objects in QTEMP (or duplicated objects), then I have
to think it's an IBM problem.

The duplicate data areas you see "have" to be in different libraries.

The reason *PRINT and *OUTFILE are different is some IBM error that is very
unusual.

I'd contact IBM.  RCLSTG (which someone else suggested) may fix the problem,
but it's a dedicated procedure that takes "hours".   If you have support from
IBM, I'd start there.

Someone else suggested this is a known MAPICS problem, but I don't see how
MAPICS could cause DSPUSRPRF to fail.

Bill Roha
Stant Manufacturing Inc.
broha@stantinc.com
765-825-3121 x440

>>> burnsbm@echoincorporated.com 04/18/00 02:30PM >>>
Same thing happens after signing off.  It only happens to me, tried it on a
MIS programmer and it worked fine.

This only happens when output is *PRINT.  If output is *OUTFILE, it works
fine and I can create a query showing only 33 data areas (some repeated
even there too).

Now I am thinking it is related to the five u-jobs that have my name on
them...

But why isn't *PRINT and *OUTFILE the same??