What Apps are you looking to run. My work desktop is 64 bit Gentoo and I
haven't had any problems I couldn't overcome, but I do run a 32 bit chroot
that is basically a mini set of libraries with the 32 bit objects that I run
client access and outlook in. Virtualbox is running fine on this system for
the XP I run RDi in. I've run through my 32 bit Ubuntu install a few more
times on Client Access so hopefully later this week I'll get the wiki page
on that cleaned up and finalized. My next project was to attempt to get RDi
running somewhere outside of a Virtualbox, but I suspect that is going to be
a long and difficult journey. If you have questions about specific apps
under 64 bit Ubuntu I can instead run through those next instead.

Kevin