In any case my experiences with VPN-clients is that they tend to conflict.

I had one customer give me VPN access using "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client"
and it has worked excellent for 5250 connectivity (I was surprised because
it works even better than the traditional Cisco VPN client that most of the
world has and the one I use to connect to IBM's VLP machines).

Access to Windows Remote Desktop through Terminal Server Client has been
there since 8.04 I am pretty sure.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com