Thanks, the Left-Control + Right-mouse button did the trick. Now all I have
to do is train my users. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of TN5250
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:25 PM
To: linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LINUX5250] Problems with xt5250

On 11/16/2010 11:45 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
I'm invoking it from a terminal window (for testing purposes) as follows
"xt5250 brcc2" and it connects just fine, but it's in a small window maybe
6" tall by 8" wide (at most) and I want it to be full-screen. How the heck
do I do that?

Hello John,

I can't answer your exact question but I can tell you how I deal with
it. In the past I would start an xt5250 session and then hold down my
left control key and click on my right mouse button to choose what size
font I wanted (in my case, Huge).

Nowadays I have modified my /usr/bin/xt5250 script:
----------
# Try to use xterm with our custom key mappings.
if type xterm >/dev/null 2>&1; then
XUSERFILESEARCHPATH="$pkgdatadir/%N" \
exec xterm -name "xt5250" -bg black -fg white -T "xt5250 -
$XT5250_HOST" \
+sb -geometry 80x25 -fa lucidatypewriter -fs 14 -e "$0" -BOOT "$@"
fi
----------
I modified the fifth line above in the code snippet (for me this is on
line 118 in the actual script). I added the "-fa lucidatypewriter -fs
14" part. It tells my xterm to use the LucidaTypeWriter font and start
at a font size of 14. This gives me a pretty good sized window to work
with though I still usually use that "left control key/right mouse
button" functionality to choose the "Medium" size and increase the font
size further.

That still doesn't make a window fit the whole screen but it's quite
large. It seems like someone has asked about this before and there is a
technical reason why we can't just click on the xterm's button and make
it full screen - I believe it has something to do with xt5250 not being
able to know the exact size of the xterm window it's running in,
therefore it can't automagically re-size the fonts to make xt5250 fit
the full screen.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can give you a better answer but in
the meantime I can offer you what I hope is a close alternative.