Hi John,

Please look at the changes I made to lp5250d-win.c in Feb 2009
you can see them online, here:
http://tn5250.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tn5250/tn5250/win32/lp5250d-win.c?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

You need to be running the code from CVS to use this.

The changes allow for an exec: prefix. You code your configuration like this:

foo {
host=example.com
env.DEVNAME=PRT01
outputcommand=exec:C:\tmp\tempfile.dat?C:\bin\printit.exe
}

I'm going from memory, so I might not have got the specifics right... hopefully you can figure it out from the code.

Anyway -- what will happen is lp5250d will write a spooled file to C:\tmp\tempfile.dat and then it'll run C:\bin\printit.exe when that file is complete. (Thus, you don't have to use pipes.)

My program (my version of C:\bin\printit.exe in the example) then reads the file and replaces the bypass codes, amongst other things, and finally sends the result to the printer. (This is the part that I, unfortunately, can't share.)