Hi Matt,

First of all, make sure you are basing your changes on the current development source from CVS (_not_ the package download of the last release.) Otherwise we have to re-do all of the changes we made since the last release!

Second, please make unified diffs of your changes vs. the CVS copy -- please include updates to the ChangeLog file as part of that.

If these Unified diffs are relatively small, please copy/paste them directly to the mailing list so all members can look them over (if they're interested.)

If they are larger, please e-mail them to me directly. You can use the e-mail address at the top of this message. Please be advised that I'm quite busy, and it might take me awhile to handle your request.

Thanks for helping out!

Matt Weiss wrote:
Hello, we have written several updates/fixes/extra features for tn5250. We would like to contribute these patches back to the community. Some may be specific to our company only, but most are generic. Most are for the 'windows' version (winterm.c) but also work under wine.

These include:
Auto update function. (GUP integration)
Destructive Backspace option
Toggle for Destructive Backspace and
Toggle for PC/ Terminal switch. (switches ctrl and enter keys)
Crosshairs Menu, which toggles horizontal, vertical, or both crosshairs.
Fixed a PrintScreen Key issue on wine/linux.
Some improvements to the 'walking' problem with switching between 132 and 80 column non-maximized.
Added tc5250rc file switches to accommodate all of these changes. Including one that disables the update function. We are actually running tn5250 on linux using wine, because the windows version is just so much better than the linux version with regard to fonts.
SetupSettingsFile option which calls an HTA application (real windows only) that sets up the tn5250rc file specific to our needs automatically. Will not be including this file, but I will leave the function in. If need be I can send a stripped down HTA if you would like a template.

There may be another fix or two in there as well.
Anyways, what I want to know, is how do we send these to Scott/James ? for review and possibly added to the code for future versions? If the current maintainer would email me so we can discuss the best method.

Thanks,
Matt