Small but important update :

I've did more tests about and i've noticed another thing :

The "split" seems it not depends from the size.
This is the scenario i've got :
1) spool file of 928 pages get splitted at page 560
the last chars (ASCII) of the output file(PCL) i get are
"1B26612D3030303132482D0DFF &a-00012H-ÿ"

2) spool file of 89 pages get splitted at page 35.
the last chars (ASCII)of the output file(PCL) i get are
"1B26612D3030303132482D0DFF &a-00012H-ÿ"
Same as above.

The chars ".ÿ" are present only on the files that get splitted.

A standard spool file that get printed correctly has "0D0C1B45 ...E"
at the end of file.
Same i get if i "print" the spool file 1 with page limit (like up to page
559) i get the same end of file.

This is how i launch the lp5250d :

lp5250d map=280 env.IBMMFRTYPMDL=*LEXOPTRAC env.DEVNAME=PRTLX
outputcommand=myscript

Why this happens?
Thanks !
Ciao..
Alberto

Happens with some spool files and this is what i have at the end of the
1st