Hi Carey Evans.

A co-worker gave me yesterday some tips and we wrote the following script wich actually works fine:



$XTERM -fn $FONT -e "$TN5250 map=$MAP $SERVER"

The FONT variable is to use a bigger font in the Xterm.

Best regards to you and the list users,


Carey Evans escribió:
On 23/12/2009 12:11, Ernesto Silva wrote:
We have an AS/400 server and I want to use tn5250 to connect to it and the text displayed by the terminal is in spanish (I'm in Uruguay - South America) but the tn5250 emulator doesn't show me the correct characters like ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú.

I've tried various combinations of the map parameter but nothing seems to work.

Hi Ernesto.

Have a look at the thread at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.tn5250/1175. It seems to be related. In particular, xt5250 should be started in an ISO-8859-1 locale.

It may also be possible to put:

xt5250.VT100*locale: false

in the XTerm file, if it's UTF-8 support in xterm that is causing the problems.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].