Hi Bill,

I can reproduce your problem with the 0.17.4 release of TN5250. However, I can't reproduce it in the current CVS version (despite John Chambers assertion that the problem exists there as well.)

Can you please try the current version from CVS? Since you've had trouble building it yourself, I built a copy for you, you can get it here:

http://www.scottklement.com/tn5250/tn5250-0.17.5cvs-setup.exe

Let us know how that goes...

Bill Evans wrote:
Hi Bill
There is a patch for winterm.c in the repository that fixes some bugs,
maybe that one, but it is applied after 0.17.4. You can get mingw and
compile it yourself.

It was supposed to fix the crash in XP when the system goes into lock
mode, but it doesn't if there is any screen activity after it goes into
lock mode.

The patch in the repository doesn't match the patch in the archives of
this list. The patch in the archives removes line 2154:
TN5250_ASSERT(0);
I recompiled it without this line, and it no longer locks up. I don't
know if this will fix your problem or not. I don't even know enough to
know if this might cause problems elsewhere, but it's worked ok on 4
systems for the last two weeks.
John Chambers

As I mentioned in my reply to James Rich, I'm pretty much out of my league with this stuff but I just wanted to give myself a stress test - pressing the envelope, so to speak. I ran into a roadblock during the make step. However, it was educational looking thru the source code of the various modules. I even tried a source-compare between 17.3 and 17.4 since this "click on line 24" bug didn't exist in 17.3 and I thought I might "miraculously" see the issue. That turned out to be just hubris on my part. Nonetheless, it was an interesting exercise.

Thanks for replying.
--Bill Evans