Sorry if this gets posted twice. I wasn't subscribed to the mailing list
when I posted the first time.

I was previously using version 0.17.3 on Windows XP SP3 but there is a bug
in that version with copying to the clipboard. Basically, the text
highlighted and copied from the 5250 display via Edit / Copy isn't pasted
correctly to a target application.

So, I tried version 0.17.4 and that problem appears to have been fixed.
However, there's a bug in 0.17.4 that causes a run time error when
clicking on the last line of the 5250 window. The error occurs even
before signing on to the host.

I generated a trace file and the run time error occurs here:

Assertion (This)->cy < (This)->h failed at ../lib5250/dbuffer.c, line 412.
I looked at the code in dbuffer.c on the website. Routine
tn5250_dbuffer_cursor_set in module dbuffer.c triggers the ASSERT_VALID
macro. If line 24 is clicked on, the ASSERT_VALID macro will fail since
at that point (This)->cy < (This)->h cannot be true since line 24 cannot
be less than 24, the screen height.

Can't this be easily resolved by recompling with NDBUG defined on the
command line with the -D option to disable the ASSERT macros?
Unfortunately, I don't have the facilities to perform a re-compilation.

I previously privately emailed this info to Scott Klement (I found him in
the AUTHORS.TXT file in the distribution and I've read some of his
columns, etc elsewhere) but I haven't heard from him thus far. I
understand ... it's the holidays.

Anyway, I see that this bug was also reported to the website on 9/16/2009
by jmarkmurphy but there hasn't been any response.

Could someone help with this? I need the clipboard copy/paste fixes in
this version but I cannot cope with it terminating when I accidentally
click on line 24.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Evans