Hi Brian,

Are you using the current version of TN5250? (The one we released a month or so ago?)

I know I fixed some similar issues in that release.

I know of an outstanding bug in the copy to clipboard (if you select text outside the normal 80x24 or 132x27 screen, it'll try to copy the text, and crash) but I don't know of any outstanding issues with paste...

I'm running XP, and don't currently have access to a Vista box. If updating to the current version doesn't help, can you tell me how to reproduce the problem on XP? (Or something I can try to reproduce the problem?) Without being able to reproduce it, I don't even know how to begin to debug it...

Brian wrote:
Hello all.

I seem to be experiencing some odd issue in TN5250 that happens when I paste data (normal text data) from another windows application (like Outlook) in to a 5250 session. The session ends up crashing and I need to restart it. I can reproduce the scenario over and over when copy/pasting the same data. However, when I type that same text in to the 5250 session, all is well, and if I type it in to the 5250 window and then copy paste it from there, it is OK as well.

My OS is Vista business. I just switched from XP and I do not recall having this issue in XP at all, or if I did, it was not reproducible on demand like this one is in Vista.

My guess is that something is coming along in the buffer in Vista as I am copy/pasting that TN5250 does not like.

Is this a known issue or is there some workaround perhaps?

Thanks much.