Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to setup a simple print queue to PDF e-mailer on our iSeries
550 V5R3 which is pretty current on PTFs.

I've been trying both lp5250d v16.5 and 17.3 with the same results -
some PDFs generate and display fine while others generate and do not
display correctly. I am using Acrobat Reader 8.1 on Windows XP.

The working PDFs display in proper page dimensions - 13.9 x 11" with the
text correctly formatted. The broken PDFs have the dimensions of 13.50
x 200" and do not display any text - although the generated PDF file
does contain the full text content of the print.

The odd thing is that it's the exact same prints which work sometimes
and then don't work other times. I'm not seeing any pattern to it.
I've mainly been testing with BRMS reports to PDF so these reports can
be automatically emailed off-site.

My command line looks like:
lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PDF_BRMS outputcommand='scs2pdf >
/tmp/WPG1-PDF_BRMS.pdf; mail -s "WPG1 PDF_BRMS Print" -a
/tmp/WPG1-PDF_BRMS.pdf xxxx@xxxxxxxxx' WPG1

Functionally, everything works as it should except for SCS2PDF. Can
anyone offer some help on why SCS2PDF only works part of the time? I
can provide output samples if requested. It would make this sys-admin &
a few users pretty happy to get spool files converted to PDF and emailed
without any complexity.

Thanks!

Len Goldenstein
Server Administrator - IT Services