I think this should work, but you probably need to use double quotes
like
this:

outputcomand = scs2ascii | "enscript -B -f Courier7 --margins=36::36: -r
--output=- | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=tiffg4 -r300
-sOutputFile=/home/user/test.tiff -"

Try that and let me know if it fixes it for you.

If that doesn't work I can look at scs2ps and see what needs to be done
to get it to output better postscript. I think that it has just been
sort of ignored and can be improved without too much effort.

------------
---

Hello James,

Thank you for taking your time to look at my problem. Unfortunately, I
still have the same issue. I am testing this on a non-production server
with only one device in the .tn5250rc file. The name of the device is
"tif_file". When I start the device, I get the following output on the
console screen:

Starting lp5250d tif_file...
/home/user/.tn5250rc: Success

I don't want to take up your time but if you have any other suggestions,
I would greatly appreciate them. In the meanwhile, I'm thinking of
trying to learn enough bash scripting to maybe send the output of
scs2ascii to a script that would check the file for line length with wc
and use that info to determine if I need to rotate the page or not with
enscript and then use ghostscript for processing the tiff. If you have
any thoughts regarding that idea, feel free to comment.

One more item... What would be a good way to monitor the lp5250d
processes and restart them should the network link be broken or the
server gets IPL'ed? I miss that feature from Client Access. ;)

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Mitch