On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Jack J. Woehr wrote:

Hmm, did that. Cat'ted the sun file to termcap, ran cap_mkdb,
rebooted for
good measure, still two-color. Maybe I should just wait for the
lastest and
build again from source.

termcap is old, and I'm betting that xt5250 is looking for something in terminfo (unless you are on an old release of Solaris). So I think what you need to do is this:

tic sun/xt5250-color.terminfo

You probably need to do that as root. Then xt5250 should be able to find the definitions when it starts the xterm. It does so with the -tn flag to xterm:

-tn xterm-5250

Another thing to check is if you have ncurses installed. I'm not sure on this, but ncurses may be required for colour support.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw