I added support for STRPCCMD (a command sent to the PC through the 5250 data stream) to lib5250. I just finished committing the changes.

A few things to note:

a) I disabled this feature by default. To enable it, set +allow_strpccmd in your tn5250rc file. (or $HOME/.tn5250rc, or command-line option, etc)

b) I couldn't find any docs for how this is supposed to work. I hacked it together by sniffing the data stream, so please help test it! If you know where I can find any real docs on this, I'd appreciate it.

c) Because the support is integrated into lib5250, it'll work with any terminal (Win32, Curses, S/Lang, x5250)

d) I wrote code for running the command for POSIX systems and for Windows. I don't know if there are other systems that need this support, but if there are, more code may need to be written.

Please try it out and report any issues to the mailing list.  Thanks!

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com