On Sat, 7 May 2005, Carey Evans wrote:

- The archive for 0.17.3 includes the CVS folders, so I guess it's just
a tarred-up CVS working copy.  It would be better to have the result of
'make dist'.

This is a make target I didn't know about. I am a release rookie ;) Next time I'll use that.

Unfortunately, it looks like 'make dist' needs 'make docs' to be run in
src/ first, and the current version of robodoc in Debian takes
completely different options.  The simplest solution for this seems to
be to remove $(HTMLDOCS) from EXTRA_DIST in doc/Makefile.am and run
autoreconf again.

'make docs' is another make target I didn't know about. I never even knew there was html documentation for lib5250 until Scott told me the other day. When I run make docs it says there is no such target. 'make doc' says it is up to date:

james@orion:~/progs/tn5250-0.17.3> make docs
make: *** No rule to make target `docs'.  Stop.
james@orion:~/progs/tn5250-0.17.3> make doc
make: Nothing to be done for `doc'.

But I can't find any generated documentation anywhere. The docs directory doesn't have anything in it that wasn't already there. I don't have robodoc on my system - shouldn't make tell me that?

btw - could the website be changed to show the cvs commands for getting current cvs instead of the 16 branch?

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw