The problem happens to be on a windows machine so I guess it's not the same problem but I'll look into that (just in case). Windows happens to support UTF-8 but it is rarely used so I don't think it is this problem. M-A "Dave McKenzie" <davemck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news: 1109171160.8020.6.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > I've had the misalignment problem in xt5250 for many months, since > upgrading to SuSE Linux 9.1 (I'm currently on 9.2). > > I finally found it's related to Unicode and UTF-8. It looks like xterm > is interpreting some characters that translate to ASCII codes > x80 as > Unicode. > > In SuSE 9.2 the LANG environment variable is "en_US.UTF-8". It was > "en_US" in SuSE 9.0 (in which xt5250 worked OK). > > So to turn off the UTF-8 mode, I put this line in xt5250: > > LANG=en_US > > and added LANG to the export statement. > > That fixed the misalignment. Also, it cleared up the "screen bleeding" > problem I was seeing. It was most obvious when doing DSPPFM on a file > that had bytes that translate to ASCII codes > x80, such as in binary > and packed fields. As you roll through the file, parts of the data > would be misaligned, and after rolling to the next screen, some > characters would remain where they had been on the previous screen. > > But I haven't found how to fix the misalignment when using tn5250 in a > console. I see there's a line > > CONSOLE_ENCODING="UTF-8" > > in /etc/sysconfig/console, so maybe fiddling with that will help. Or > maybe some option in setfont. But I guess that would affect all > consoles; maybe changes would have to be made in tn5250. I don't use > tn5250 in a console so it's not a priority for me. > > --Dave
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.