> It would be great to have everything merged into cvs, but I think we
> should first work out the differences between our implementations and then
> submit the results for inclusion.  I don't mind working through this
> stuff.  If we can make a version of tn5250 that works, perhaps the patches
> will more likely be accepted.
Ok thanks. I'm currently installing TortoiseCVS, so I'll be able to see how
late I am on the HEAD tree. :)

> x5250 is another front end to tn5250.  It uses lib5250 for all the
> communication with the as/400 and 5250 protocols.  x5250 can run with an
> unmodified tn5250 (lib5250) but then it doesn't have any of the new
> features I've been working on adding.
Ok. It clears things up for me.

> It is packaged separately from tn5250 for two reasons:  x5250 is GPL and
> apparently there are license issues with openssl that tn5250 uses and
> secondly I don't have cvs write access.
Ok. I don't care about the licensing issue, LGPL or Apache-style is great for
me. Being in sync with TN5250 would be a big plus for me since I wouldn't have
to check when users reports errors if it is because of my modifications. :)

M-A