Hallo,

I am working on some improvements to curses version of tn5250. I have some
ideas which I woul like to get your coments about.

1. Mouse support - selecting rectangular region and moving cursor with mouse
I decided to start with mouse support for xterm. Another option would be
handling mouse using ncurses functions which seems to allow both xterm and
gpm, but I have xterm support already working - switching to ncurses should
be easy in next "release".

2. Selecting rectangular region with Shift + cursor
No coding done yet, shouldnt be difficult when mouse sellection is done.

3. Copy selected area to "clipboard"
Here is a question mark - what clipboard to use? I decided to use a file
called .tn5250sel in user's home directory. This allow to share the
clipboard with all tn5250 sessions of the user. What you think? A second
step would be inserting our selection to X clipboard to allow pasting to
other apps.

4. Paste copied selection
Pasting of previously copied rectangular region is possible at cursor's
position. If pasted data fells out of editable field - it is dropped.

5. Crosshair in xterm
In a future I would try to hack xterm to allow nice crosshair display. Maybe
we could even convince xfree86 developers to include our hack in official
distro :)

My programing skills are fair, but not excellent, so probably some
corrections to my code will be required. Eg. I know nothing about windows
programming and I can't compile Windows version, so I'm positive that my
_WIN32_ code will not work.

I should have all these changes done by week end. How should I share them?
Where should I send pathes?

Best regards

Marek Bajon