Subject: thinknic progress (?)
From: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:04:54 -0500

-snip-
If I modify my path in that xterm and then run the xt5250 script, I see
a window pop up and then disappear.  I get a message "EXEC FAILED!"

If I try to manually run the line where dialog runs (XT5250_HOST =
"$DIALOG....) I get and error:
Error opening terminal: xterm.
Is this another config problem?  (Error on my part running the command
perhaps.)
-snip-

I am having this same problem.  I am using LTSP(www.ltsp.org), so I could be
missing a file or environment variable.  Does anyone have any idea as to what I
should do?

I experimented a little.  my SHELL environment variable is set to /bin/false by
default.  In order to open an xterm window, I either have to use
 xterm -e /bin/bash
or
 export SHELL=/bin/bash
 xterm.