Hmmm... well, I don't edit ~/.Xdefaults, I put my changes into
${PREFIX}/share/tn5250/XTerm  I would expect that ~/.Xdefaults would also
work, but I can't vouch for it.

Here's how I've done the two keys that you've requested:

        <Key>Control_R: string("\033X") \n\
        Shift <Key>Return: string("\033\015") \n\

Instead of ESC X for the field exit, you can also use Ctrl-K which IMHO is
a bit easier:

        <Key>Control_R: string("\013") \n\