(Forgive me if I get some terminology wrong, I'm pretty green with the
400)

I'm working with an iSeries V4R3 and a linux based thin client.  I have
had outstanding luck so far with the actual emulator and I am now working
on getting Host Transform Printing up and going with an Okidata Microline
321 printer.  I think I'm about 90% there but I'm having a slight problem.
 First, I start lp5250d with the following command:

lp5250d env.DEVNAME=P6 env.IBMTYPMDL='*OKI321IBM' 10.99.99.1

This creates my out queue and I am able to verify that the settings are
correct with the Display Device Description command.  At this point, I can
move spool-files into the out queue, release them,  and they are printed
as expected - works GREAT!!!

Here is my problem, everything that I print to the Microline is printed in
Near Letter Quality (NLQ) and I need it in UTL for speed and various other
reasons.  I have verified that the spool-file setting PRTQLTY is set to
*DRAFT using the Change Spooled File Attributes command but that doesn't
seem to make a difference (I've tried a number of different parameters for
this field with no change in results).  On the thin client side, lpd is
set to a raw print queue so it shouldn't be affecting this in any way.
Does anybody have any idea as to what would cause this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ryan Hughes
Intranet Team Leader
O'Reilly Automotive