Scott

It is opensource and available to all, I am the author of tn5250j and should
have made that known.  Sorry.

That is why I am offering the code as part of sharing and collaboration
between the two projects and left it up to you to decide to post it.  I
would love to have the two projects work together and welcome all input from
both.

All of it is available within the tn5250j project on sourceforge
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/tn5250j).  The output files created from
the emulator creates the files with rows and columns and you can select to
omit fields, as well as, which decription to use for the column titles,
field name or field description.  There is all sorts of file transfer
options used within the project.  This is all without any special access
programs as it uses FTP as well.  Select queries will be coming soon if we
get some licensing issues worked out that uses the JDBC driver for the
AS400.

We are also looking into direct access to openoffice to create and update
spreadsheets on the fly from data selected from the screen.  Still need to
work some things out for that one.

We are also working on conversion of spoolfiles/outqs from a graphical
interface to pdf,text as well as interface into the coccoon/forrest apache
projects.  Full scripting of the emulator, via the wonderful python
language, is now there in beta/release candidate form that goes way beyond
macro key strokes.  The next is a plugin interface to allow other people to
write and use their own access programs that interact with the emulator.
Lpr support is in cvs and create PDF and text files.  Sorry for shameless
plug as that was not the intent in any way, shape, form or fashion.  Just
information.

I appoligize for cross posting and hope that I have not caused any problems
nor offended anybody.  The code is still available to any and all who want
it.  Let me know and we can work on it together.  No matter what people
think of the tn5250j emulator the file transfer is there for all the open
source community.

Regards

Kenneth