I am not sure what I am missing, I have installed the tn5250 package and it
connects properly.  By the way I have been using the lp5250d for several
printers and it works great.  No longer do I have to worry about windows
interfering with the data going to the printer.

Here is my environment:
RedHat 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
tn5250 package from tn5250.sourceforge.net (current) installed this last week
I have tried both console mode and gnome terminal in X

Here is the problem...bare with me, I am lacking in AS/400 experience.
I connect with the parameters that the AS/400 expect for the DEVNAME
I can login and navigate the menus
At a certain point I need information(this happens in almost every app)
--sorry for that bit of sarcasm
This example:
I need to get open POs so I type in my location and I recieve a description, if
I press enter I should then get the open POs.  Instead the screen is reset like
I never typed in a location code.  It appears that when the screen returns the
description and the field with location code(I am told its a protected field at
this point), the code is not used when I press enter for the rest of the info.

Any suggestions?

My AS\400 experience is limited, but my client's AS\400 admin is able to login
as the same user without problems.  So I would have to say its on my end.

Heather Guse
DPN, Inc.
hguse@dpnsecurity.com