Thank you for your help so fan, but I just can seem to get it working!

I think the problem is that I'm using tn5250, in stead of xt5250.

I using verion 0.16.3 on Linux Mandrake 8.1 with KDE.

I created a program shortcut on the desktop with the following options:
        Command: /usr/local/bin/xt5250
        Run in Terminal
                Terminal Options: gec400

gec400 is defined in the hosts file as 198.25.23.3

It does not connect at all.

I tried to use:
        Command: /usr/local/bin/xt5250 198.25.23.3

but it still does not connect.

If I use tn5250, it works.

Thank you.

Henk de Swardt