On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, MULLOR JIMENEZ PEDRO wrote:

> and... when you say "{ K_BACKTAB, "kB" }" on cursesterm.c and then i
> make an 'man terminfo' on my linux console and i see that the code for
> backtab (tough it appears to be 'kcbt' on terminfo) is ** kcbt

Yes, "kB" is the termcap entry, not the terminfo entry.  They amount to
the same thing, but termcap and terminfo don't always use the same
codes to represent the capabilities.   'man termcap' should tell you what
the "kB" stands for, and 'man terminfo' should tell you what the equiv
code is in terminfo.

> My question is : how to configure the us5250.map to send that caracter
> (/perform the backtab) to the terminal (i already made my way to the
> Field_Exit and Reset keys via \xxx codes) ?

I don't know much about us5250.map, since I'm not really a Linux user.
But, I think you could do something like this...

Look for the line that starts with "keycode 15 = Tab".   In the next
column, it should say "Meta_Tab".   Change it from "Meta_Tab" to "F25"
so it looks like this:

    keycode  15 = Tab              F25

Now, go down to the bottom area.  Insert a line right after where it
says "string F24" that looks like this:

string F25 = "\033[Z"   (or whatever your string for back-tab should be)

Is this the "right" way to do it?  I don't know... but it'll work... :)