I added SSL support into tn5250 on Sept 25, 2001.  I have not made a new
release of tn5250 since that time, so the only way to get this version
is via CVS.

It does not yet support client-side certificates, though I'm willing to
try to implement this if someone is willing to help me test it.

It does support an additional "trusted CA" certificate, if that's the
type of cert that you are downloading -- which means that it has the same
level of SSL support that RUMBA 7.0 has, and more SSL support than
Mochasoft has.   I do not have Client Access, so I cannot compare them.

To get TN5250 from CVS to try out SSL support, type this:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.tn5250.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tn5250 login

It will ask you for a password -- you don't need to type one, just hit ENTER

Then type:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.tn5250.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tn5250 \
co -r b0-16 tn5250

It will download the source code.

Then type:

cd tn5250
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-ssl
make
make install

Once everything is installed, try connecting to your AS/400 by typing:

tn5250 ssl:as400.example.com

Let me know if that works for you.   The more people who tell me that this
SSL support works, the more likely I am to actually make a release :)