Well - if you wanna start writing drivers for emu cards - check out
http://www.jungo.com/products-wdplx.html which has DK stuff for the PLX
9052 chipsets which are the core of the Bos and Afinity emu cards.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux5250-admin@midrange.com [mailto:linux5250-admin@midrange.com]
On Behalf Of Jay 'Eraserhead' Felice
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:53 AM
To: linux5250@midrange.com
Subject: Re: [LINUX5250] Re: 5250 Client Software in Linux

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:16:26AM -0500, Rich Duzenbury wrote:
> I have an old D-04 that is in the same boat.
>
> I hate to admit it, but I have an Windows NT 3.51 server ($$$) running

> SNA Server  ($$$).  The SNA server has a twinax card to talk to the
> AS/400, and an ethernet card to talk to the workstations and printers.

> I use NS/Elite for the client software (again, $$$).  I believe that a

> maximum of seven sessions can be started.  I have not seen a similar
> kind of solution that runs on Linux, and would not expect to given the

> fact that this is early 90's technology.

There is a linux-sna project about, but it has been an on-again
off-again thing as far as I can tell.  I've been waiting for it to get
to the point that I can write drivers for emulator cards, so I can then
write a tn5250 module for it, but I haven't heard anything from Mike
Madore (the person who started this project and was working on the
linux-sna project).

Last I heard it was alpha-quality software.

Mike, any comments?

> At 04:44 PM 10/4/01, James Rich wrote:
> >On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Rosewood wrote:
> >
> > > I just despise the though of having a windows server!

This is the Linux 5250 Development Project (LINUX5250) mailing list To
post a message email: LINUX5250@midrange.com To subscribe, unsubscribe,
or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/linux5250
or email: LINUX5250-request@midrange.com