[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
    I have a microsoft intellimouse v1.1a ps/2 compatible that I use the
actual wheel on.  What I had to do was add the ZAxismapping 4  5 line to my
pointer definition in XF86Config(view Attached HTML setup howto from SuSE
install) and then after logging in and kde is fully up and running I issue the
imwheel -k command to start the service and it just works, I think it may have
something to do with SuSEs inwheel config file as it explicitly states
interpertations for wheel events in xterm.  Here is the xterm listing from
imwheelrc:
"XTerm"
Alt_L,          Up,        Shift_R|Page_Up
Alt_L,          Down,    Shift_R|Page_Down
Shift_L,        Down,    Shift_L|1
    Ideally this startup command goes in the .xinitrc file by the start sum
stuff section in order to autostart after login.  I have attached both my
imwheelrc and the setup.html files for review also.  I atempted to use my
wheel in Ximian gnome 1.4's filemanager nautilus without luck, I don't
normally use gnome so I am unaware of special config type issues that may be
necessary but I made no config changes to KDE in order to get this to work, it
is all controlled by the XF86Config and imwheelrc files.
    If there is anything else I can help you with let me know
Scott Klement wrote:

What are you using for your wheel?  Or does KDE2 do that natively?
(I'm running gnome)
I use the imwheel program to handle my mouse wheel, and it works GREAT...
I can configure it to do whatever I like...