Patrick Bielen wrote:

> Op dinsdag  8 mei 2001 13:36, schreef u:
> > Try the same thing on a real IBM terminal, I think you will find that
> > it does the same as TN5250, so it is not a bug.
>
> Well as a matter of fact i did :-(((
>
> Doesn't matter wich terminal i use... if i do 100- it makes 100} of it and
> not 10} so maybe you've readed my mail to fast ???
>
> On previous version i did not had that problem.
>
> Greetings
>
> Patrick

   Yes you are correct I spoke too soon.
   I wrote a small TEST program (see below)
   and got the below results.
   (Field minus was used to exit ALL fields)
   I first used Client Access connected via TCP-IP on
   a Novell LAN.
   This was run on V4.4 on a RISC box (not a server)

   FLD1         5  0         500-
   FLD2         5M         500 }
   FLD3         5S 0         500-
   FLD4         5Y 0       500 }
   FLD5         5  0         500-    CHECK(RB)
   FLD6         5M           50}     CHECK(RB)
   FLD7         5S 0         500-    CHECK(RB)
   FLD8         5Y 0         50}     CHECK(RB)

   I started a TELNET (WINDOWS 98) session ran the
   same program and got the following.
   (ESC M was used to exit the fields)
   It is NOT the same as Client Access.

   FLD1         5  0         500-
   FLD2         5M           500
   FLD3         5S 0         500-
   FLD4         5Y 0         500
   FLD5         5  0         500-    CHECK(RB)
   FLD6         5M           500     CHECK(RB)
   FLD7         5S 0         500-    CHECK(RB)
   FLD8         5Y 0         500     CHECK(RB)

   In conclusion  I prefer the TELNET method but
   I don't like it.
   I reckon all the fields should have a 500-.

   Frank Kolmann

   This is the source used to produce the TEST program.

   *************** Beginning of data

       FTEST    CF  E                    WORKSTN

       C                     EXFMTR01

       C                     SETON                     LR

       A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
       A                                      CA03(03)
       A                                      CA12(12)
       A                                      PRINT
       A          R R01
       A                                  6  1'FLD1         5  0'
       A            FLD1           5  0B  6 25
       A                                  7  1'FLD2         5M  '
       A            FLD2           5M  B  7 25
       A                                  8  1'FLD3         5S 0'
       A            FLD3           5S 0B  8 25
       A                                  9  1'FLD4         5Y 0'
       A            FLD4           5Y 0B  9 25
       A                                 10  1'FLD5         5  0'
       A                                 10 35'CHECK(RB)'
       A            FLD5           5  0B 10 25CHECK(RB)
       A                                 11  1'FLD6         5M  '
       A                                 11 35'CHECK(RB)'
       A            FLD6           5M  B 11 25CHECK(RB)
       A                                 12  1'FLD7         5S 0'
       A                                 12 35'CHECK(RB)'
       A            FLD7           5S 0B 12 25CHECK(RB)
       A                                 13  1'FLD8         5Y 0'
       A                                 13 35'CHECK(RB)'
       A            FLD8           5Y 0B 13 25CHECK(RB)
       A                                 23  2'F3=Exit '
       A                                      COLOR(BLU)