  • Subject: Re: Another lp5250d patch
  • From: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 11:48:56 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Jason Felice wrote:

> Scott Klement wrote:
> >
> > This patch adds "config-file" style support for lp5250d.  It has already
> > been applied to the development sources, but should also be applied to
> > 0.16.1
> >
> > The reason for this is that in the old lp5250d.c, you can segfault it
> > when printing begins by giving it too long of an argument for the -P
> > option, or -t option, etc.   This was fixed with the newer "config-file"
> > support.
> >
> > IMHO, lp5250d's options should be consistent with tn5250's anyway.
> >
> > Please apply this to the 0.16.x branch... thanx
>
> This patch is a stretch for the 0.16.x branch, although this is
> something which has annoyed me as well.  I've applied it anyway, but
> only after close inspection.
>
> Last call for patches or bug reports for 0.16.1 - I'll release 0.16.2 in
> a few days if I hear nothing.  (I also have to sort out a CVS issue - I
> may not have committed the new code when I released 0.16.1.)
>
> -Jason M. Felice

Since you've applied this patch, please also update the man page 0.16.x to
use the "config-file" syntax.  (the man page thats in the development
version should suffice)

Also, there are new options that the "config-file" syntax allows that
weren't available with the old syntax.  Things such as specifying a
workstation customization object, or the message queue to receive messages
for the printer.

Maybe these should be documented somewhere?

example:

imcool {
        host = as400
        env.DEVNAME = MYPRINTER
        env.IBMMSGQNAME = KLEMSCOT
        env.IBMMSGQLIB = *LIBL
        env.IBMTRANSFORM = 1
        env.IBMMFRTYPMDL = *WSCST
        env.IBMWSCSTNAME = QWPDEFAULT
        env.IBMWSCSTLIB = *LIBL
        outputcommand = scs2ascii|lpr
}

The extra variables are simply passed to the AS/400 due to the way the
env.XXX stuff works, which magically adds functionality.  :)