Hello everyone!

Well, the person with probably the weirdest use for tn5250 is back.
Some people might remember me as the user with a whole bunch
of 3151's that will be connecting to an AS/400 via a MaxSpeed
card (a card that gives one a whole bunch of serial ports) on a
Linux box.

After many errors/problems, I was able to connect the terminals to
the AS/400. Edited the cursesterm.c file so that tn5250 can
properly respond to the key presses of the 3151. Works pretty
good most of the time, until it sometimes leaves parts of the
previous screen on the new screen, or the cursor starts drawing
each line at about 30 chars per second. I'm not sure if this is being
caused by the MaxSpeed card or something else...any ideas?

Anyway, the main reasons for this post are: printer problems and a
virtual device question.

Printer problem: I've setup a shared printer on a Windoze 98
machine, to which I can print fine from the Linux command prompt
by doing something like 'cat myfile.txt | lpr -P lp0' but when I try to
do the same with lp5250d, the daemon stays active for about 2
seconds and then dies. If is leave the -P lp0 part out and send the
printout to the default printer, it works fine. lp5250d version is
0.16.0pre2.

Virtual device question: When connecting to the AS/400, each
tn5250 session passes the TTY device to which the terminal is
attached to the AS/400. For certain reasons, my boss wants to be
able to deny access to virtual devices (lets call them R0000AA
through R0000AF) so he tried to set VARIED OFF, but whenever
we start tn5250 again, it sets VARY ON, bypassing the VARIED
OFF status of that device. Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide me
regarding these matters.

Jose Sanchez
DRJ, Inc.