  • Subject: Re: Use and setup of TN5250
  • From: "Dr. Syd Nicholson" <sydnic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 06:17:07 +0100

Hi Scott,

Sorry to bother you again but I cannot get the TN5250 keyboard map to
function.

I have two files called XTerm:

/usr/share/tn5250/XTerm    and
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm

The XTerm in /usr/share/tn5250 seems to be ignored. No matter how many
changes I make to this file it has no effect on the keyboard mapping
used. I can even delete the file, it makes no difference to the xterm.

The XTerm in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults contains key map
information and I now have most of the function keys working correctly.
Other changes I make to this file seem to be ignored. I have attached
this file to this message.

I still do not have F23 and F24, the numeric keypad, a backspace that
deletes characters and 'error reset' on the left Ctrl key. It would also
be nice if 'Field Exit' was the Return Key and 'Enter' the right Ctrl
key.

How do I tell xterm to use a specific key map file?? Any further
suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards
Syd Nicholson

Scott Klement wrote:

> like I said, try the xt5250 script. :)   instead of:
>     tn5250 -y IBM-3477-FC airor
> type:
>     xt5250 -y IBM-3477-FC airor &
>
> +---
> | This is the LINUX5250 Mailing List!
> | To submit a new message, send your mail to LINUX5250@midrange.com.
> +---
! $XConsortium: XTerm.ad /main/35 1996/12/03 16:44:38 swick $
!
!
!
!
! $XFree86: xc/programs/xterm/XTerm.ad,v 3.1.2.4 1998/10/20 20:51:34 hohndel
Exp $

XTerm.JoinSession:False

*SimpleMenu*BackingStore: NotUseful
*SimpleMenu*menuLabel.font:
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*
*SimpleMenu*menuLabel.vertSpace:        100
*SimpleMenu*HorizontalMargins: 16
*SimpleMenu*Sme.height: 16

*SimpleMenu*Cursor: left_ptr

*mainMenu.Label:  Main Options
*mainMenu*securekbd*Label:  Secure Keyboard
*mainMenu*allowsends*Label:  Allow SendEvents
*mainMenu*logging*Label:  Log to File
*mainMenu*print*Label:  Print Window
*mainMenu*redraw*Label:  Redraw Window
*mainMenu*8-bit control*Label: 8-Bit Controls
*mainMenu*backarrow key*Label: Backarrow Key
*mainMenu*sun function-keys*Label: Sun Function-Keys
*mainMenu*sun keyboard*Label: Sun/PC Keyboard
*mainMenu*suspend*Label:  Send STOP Signal
*mainMenu*continue*Label:  Send CONT Signal
*mainMenu*interrupt*Label:  Send INT Signal
*mainMenu*hangup*Label:  Send HUP Signal
*mainMenu*terminate*Label:  Send TERM Signal
*mainMenu*kill*Label:  Send KILL Signal
*mainMenu*quit*Label:  Quit

*vtMenu.Label:  VT Options
*vtMenu*scrollbar*Label:  Enable Scrollbar
*vtMenu*jumpscroll*Label:  Enable Jump Scroll
*vtMenu*reversevideo*Label:  Enable Reverse Video
*vtMenu*autowrap*Label:  Enable Auto Wraparound
*vtMenu*reversewrap*Label:  Enable Reverse Wraparound
*vtMenu*autolinefeed*Label:  Enable Auto Linefeed
*vtMenu*appcursor*Label:  Enable Application Cursor Keys
*vtMenu*appkeypad*Label:  Enable Application Keypad
*vtMenu*scrollkey*Label:  Scroll to Bottom on Key Press
*vtMenu*scrollttyoutput*Label:  Scroll to Bottom on Tty Output
*vtMenu*allow132*Label: Allow 80/132 Column Switching
*vtMenu*cursesemul*Label:  Enable Curses Emulation
*vtMenu*visualbell*Label:  Enable Visual Bell
*vtMenu*marginbell*Label:  Enable Margin Bell
*vtMenu*altscreen*Label:  Show Alternate Screen
*vtMenu*activeicon*Label: Enable Active Icon
*vtMenu*softreset*Label:  Do Soft Reset
*vtMenu*hardreset*Label:  Do Full Reset
*vtMenu*clearsavedlines*Label:  Reset and Clear Saved Lines
*vtMenu*tekshow*Label:  Show Tek Window
*vtMenu*tekmode*Label:  Switch to Tek Mode
*vtMenu*vthide*Label:  Hide VT Window

*fontMenu.Label:  VT Fonts
*fontMenu*fontdefault*Label:    Default
*fontMenu*font1*Label:  Unreadable
*VT100*font1:           nil2
*IconFont:              nil2
*fontMenu*font2*Label:  Tiny
*VT100*font2:           5x7
*fontMenu*font3*Label:  Small
*VT100*font3:           6x10
*fontMenu*font4*Label:  Medium
*VT100*font4:           7x13
*fontMenu*font5*Label:  Large
*VT100*font5:           9x15
*fontMenu*font6*Label:  Huge
*VT100*font6:           10x20
*fontMenu*fontescape*Label:     Escape Sequence
*fontMenu*fontsel*Label:                Selection
!fontescape and fontsel overridden by application

*tekMenu.Label:  Tek Options
*tekMenu*tektextlarge*Label:  Large Characters
*tekMenu*tektext2*Label:  #2 Size Characters
*tekMenu*tektext3*Label:  #3 Size Characters
*tekMenu*tektextsmall*Label:  Small Characters
*tekMenu*tekpage*Label:  PAGE
*tekMenu*tekreset*Label:  RESET
*tekMenu*tekcopy*Label:  COPY
*tekMenu*vtshow*Label:  Show VT Window
*tekMenu*vtmode*Label:  Switch to VT Mode
*tekMenu*tekhide*Label:  Hide Tek Window

*tek4014*fontLarge: 9x15
*tek4014*font2: 8x13
*tek4014*font3: 6x13
*tek4014*fontSmall: 6x10

!!  We want a 8bit clean xterm
XTerm*eightBitInput:    true
XTerm*eightBitOutput:   true

!!  Default Settings
XTerm*termName:         xterm
XTerm*pointerShape:     top_left_arrow
XTerm*scrollKey:        true

!! Some symbol mappings of the keyboard for Motif!
!! Some of these mappings are virtual osfKeySym's.
!! Extend this list if necessary, more information in
!!  `man 3 VirtualBindings' and `/usr/include/Xm/XmStrDefs.h'
XTerm*defaultVirtualBindings: #override \
   Help    : osfHelp\n\
   DRemove : osfCut\n\
   Prior   : osfPageUp\n\
   Next    : osfPageDown\n\
   Select  : osfSelect\n\
   Insert  : osfPaste\

!!  The VT100 keyboard translation:
!!  An extension of the vt10X/vt20X terminal escapes sequences
!!  * makes the Alt key to work as  M-x of emacs on line editing(!)
!!  * Delete    is \E[3~
!!  * BackSpace is \177 (means Xterm*VT100.BackarrowKey is false)
!!  * should be conform with xterm entry in terminfo/termcap!
!!  * should be conform with the key mapping of emacs/xemacs!
!!  * should be conform with the key mapping of /etc/inputrc and /etc/csh.cshrc!
!!  * should be conform with the key mapping of /etc/lesskey, /etc/vimrc and
!!    /etc/skel/.exrc!
XTerm*ttyModes:                 erase ^?
XTerm*VT100.BackarrowKey:       false
XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
   Alt<KeyPress>Shift_L,Alt<KeyPress>: string(0x01B) insert() \n\
   Alt<KeyPress>Shift_R,Alt<KeyPress>: string(0x01B) insert() \n\
   Alt Ctrl <KeyPress>: string(0x01B) insert() \n\
   Alt      <KeyPress>: string(0x01B) insert() \n\
~Shift<Key>F1:   string("\033[11~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F2:   string("\033[12~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F3:   string("\033[13~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F4:   string("\033[14~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F5:   string("\033[15~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F6:   string("\033[17~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F7:   string("\033[18~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F8:   string("\033[19~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F9:   string("\033[20~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F10:  string("\033[21~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F11:  string("\033[23~") \n\
~Shift<Key>F12:  string("\033[24~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F1:   string("\033[25~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F2:   string("\033[26~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F3:   string("\033[28~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F4:   string("\033[29~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F5:   string("\033[31~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F6:   string("\033[32~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F7:   string("\033[33~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F8:   string("\033[34~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F9:   string("\033[35~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F10:  string("\033[36~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F11:  string("\033[37~") \n\
 Shift<Key>F12:  string("\033[38~") \n\
   <Key>Pause:  string("\033[P") \n\
   <Key>F13:  string("\033[25~") \n\
   <Key>F14:  string("\033[26~") \n\
   <Key>F15:  string("\033[28~") \n\
   <Key>F16:  string("\033[29~") \n\
   <Key>F17:  string("\033[31~") \n\
   <Key>F18:  string("\033[32~") \n\
   <Key>F19:  string("\033[33~") \n\
   <Key>F20:  string("\033[34~") \n\
   <Key>F21:  string("\033[35~") \n\
   <Key>F22:  string("\033[36~") \n\
   <Key>F23:  string("\033[37~") \n\
   <Key>F24:  string("\033[38~") \n\
   <Key>DRemove: ignore() \n\
   <Key>KP_F1: string("\033OP") \n\
   <Key>KP_F2: string("\033OQ") \n\
   <Key>KP_F3: string("\033OR") \n\
   <Key>KP_F4: string("\033OS") \n\
~Shift<KeyPress>Delete:string("\033[3~") \n\
 Shift<KeyPress>Delete:string("\033[3~")
!! End of VT100 extension

! Enable Colour by default.

*VT100*colorMode: on
*VT100*boldColors: on
*VT100*dynamicColors: on

! Uncomment this use color for underline attribute
!*VT100*colorULMode: on
!*VT100*underLine: off

! Uncomment this to use color for the bold attribute
!*VT100*colorBDMode: on

! Uncomment this to use the bold/underline colors in preference to other colors
!*VT100*colorAttrMode: on

*VT100*color0: black
*VT100*color1: red3
*VT100*color2: green3
*VT100*color3: yellow3
*VT100*color4: blue3
*VT100*color5: magenta3
*VT100*color6: cyan3
*VT100*color7: gray90
*VT100*color8: gray30
*VT100*color9: red
*VT100*color10: green
*VT100*color11: yellow
*VT100*color12: blue
*VT100*color13: magenta
*VT100*color14: cyan
*VT100*color15: white
*VT100*colorUL: yellow
*VT100*colorBD: white

!This can be useful if you have an IntelliMouse.  It maps the button
!events generated by the wheel
*VT100*translations:    #override \
        !Ctrl                   <Btn4Down>:     scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
        !Lock Ctrl              <Btn4Down>:     scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
        !Lock @Num_Lock Ctrl    <Btn4Down>:     scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
        ! @Num_Lock Ctrl        <Btn4Down>:     scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
                                <Btn4Down>:     scroll-back(5,line) \n\
        !Ctrl                   <Btn5Down>:     scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\
        !Lock Ctrl              <Btn5Down>:     scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\
        !Lock @Num_Lock Ctrl    <Btn5Down>:     scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\
        ! @Num_Lock Ctrl        <Btn5Down>:     scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\
                                <Btn5Down>:     scroll-forw(5,line)