  • Subject: Reference info...
  • From: "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:41:25 -0400

So far, here are the options supported by tn5250 and various components
of it:

Option                  Component  Meaning
env.DEVNAME             stream     The session/device name to connect as.
env.TERM                stream     The terminal type to report to the AS/400.
env.*                   stream     Other telnet 'environment' strings. Can
                                   be used to control telnet exit
programs.
host                    stream     Host to connect to, including
connection
                                   type and port. (e.g.
tn5250:my400:23).
map                     display    Codepage map type.
trace                   all        Name of debug trace file.

underscores             curses fe  Use underscores instead of underline.
font_80                 gtk+ fe    Font to use in 80-column mode.
font_132                gtk+ fe    Font to use in 132-column mode.
bassackwards            gtk+ fe    Reverse enter and field exit keys.

and, just to run over how things work again:

You can set an option on the command line or in the config file by
saying:

   option = value

If there are spaces in the value, you'll have to quote it for the
command
line.  You can also specify like the following:

   +option
   -option

To turn an option such as underscores or bassackwards on or off.

You can group options like so in the ~/.tn5250rc file:

MYSESSION{
  host = as400.nowhere.com
  map = 37
  env.DEVNAME = MYTERM
}

then, from the command line, you can say:

tn5250 MYSESSION

instead of

tn5250 as400.nowhere.com

-Jay 'Eraserhead' Felice
(jfelice@cronosys.com)

I fixed the usage message in CVS, and I'm backing out the pending_aid
stuff.
If it causes any bugs, I'll fix 'em.