  • Subject: Re: 5250 Server Patch
  • From: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:37:27 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, I did a "rm -rf tn5250/"  and checked out the whole thing from
scratch.   I'm still having the same problem.

It says that This->ref is in an invalid area of memory.

I'm running this on FreeBSD.    One of the issues that we've run into on
this project in the past is that Linux will often initialize things to
zero or null, and FreeBSD assumes that you'll do the initializing.

If I have a chance, I'll try this on Linux, and see if it works...

I guess, the problem doesn't necessarily have to be a result of the
server changes that you added to CVS, it may be a result of another
change that went into CVS...   I hadn't updated in two or three days prior
to trying this out.

But either way, I'd really like to see it be fixed :)  (Since I can't
currently run it at all)