Hello everyone,

Well, after a couple of weeks of trial and error (and of reading IBM's
programmer's guide for the IBM 3151) I've come up with a semi-
working setup using the 3151->Linux Host->AS/400 setup
discussed sometime during February.

Of course, now I've come back with more questions. I got the
Function keys to work by programming them do send a different
escape sequence than the original setup. It seems like the 3151
sends something called AID (Attention IDentification) codes to the
host (which I guess is IBM's way of saying escape sequence) and
the original ones didn't quite work with tn5250. Example: F1 is
ESC-a with a CR appended to it. F1 would work quite well in other
programs, but not tn5250. So I located a programmer's guide, and
re-assigned the function keys to send a localized escape
sequence (i.e. Instead of sending the ESC-a sequence to the host,
it works as if the user pressed the ESC key and then the sent a
lowercase a. Of course I had to change the terminfo entry, and
everything works great with the function keys, but...

The arrow keys don't work at all. It seems as if the up arrow sends
the sequence Ctrl-A as everytime I press it, it takes me to an
Attention Key screen. The down arrow key works, but not the left
or right arrow keys. I was wondering if anyone could help me out
with this predicament (sp?)

In a better note, I was able to map the escape sequence sent by
the Clear and Erase EOF keys to do the PageUp and PageDown
function. Unfortunately, this only works with any program other
than tn5250. Does tn5250 use the terminfo entry? Does that make
a difference?

Once again, any input is greatly appreciated...we're looking to
finding some emulation cards (the 3151 can accept emulation
cards which can emulate either a WYSE50/50+ or DEC terminals)
although I've tested the WYSE50 emulation but then the
Return/Enter key doesn't work quite well...only in tn5250 though.

Jose Sanchez