  • Subject: Re: Newbie needs help getting started
  • From: Brian Arb <bjarb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:27:55 -0500

"Jason M. Felice" wrote:

> I've never been able to duplicate it.  Is this under FreeBSD (you mentioned
> that you installed the ncurses library, which is why I ask).  If you could get
> me the distribution name and version, the version

from the RH 6.1 dist the package was "ncurses-devel-4.2-25"

> of ncurses, the output of `ldd /usr/local/bin/tn5250` and see if you can
>create
> a tracefile, that would cover all the bases and I might be able to get some
> idea of what's going on.

% ldd /usr/local/bin/tn5250
        libncurses.so.4 => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.4 (0x40018000)
        libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
(0x40058000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4009a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x400b6000)

> I'm also curious as to whether or not the cursor moves when you type.

It does not blink or move when I type in the console.

> You might also want to try the S/Lang terminal instead of the curses terminal
>-
> try to configure the package with the '--with-slang' option, compile, and
>test.
> This uses a whole different peice of code to draw the screen.

tryed
# ./configure --with-slang
# make
# make install

the results from this appeared to be the same to me

Thank you
Brian Arb