Hi folks

Can I ask those of you who're running Websphere on iSeries Linux what
decided you on that combination, over running Websphere on a native OS/400
partition? I've just installed Linux (SLES 9) on our i825 with a view to
comparing its performance against an existing Websphere partition.
Activating another processor for just Linux use isn't too much, but adding
OS/400 to that processor is around 10x as much :(

Also, what Linux distribution are you running. I'm assuming it is more
likely to be RedHat for those in the USA, and SUSE in Europe, following the
pattern on x86 boxes, but I've not been able to find figures for iSeries
Linux anywhere. I'm not sure what the pattern is here in the UK, as most
x86 Linux users I know run Debian, (which I'd love to try out on iSeries,
but not being a supported Websphere platform it isn't likely to get me much
good will at work <g>) with probably equal numbers of SUSE & Fedora users
following that.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities     \ /