Thanks Richard,

I keep thinking to myself: There has *got* to be an easier way to call C API's from Java....nope!  I might have leaned the RPG direction except the core application is a Java Servlet so if I wrapped with RPG  it would be Java-->RPG-->C API ,  too Rube Goldberg for me and too hard to debug.

So, I *guessed* at an answer that will probably come back to haunt me and that is to just add up each length of each member of the structure and use that.  Turning on tracing in the PCML helped as I could see the variables and the relative lengths.  Currently, it's all working.  But, at some point I'd love to go back with just the direct API call from Java (which doesn't currently work and is based on code from Jesse Gorzinski).  The PCML is OK for now.  But, if someone has the *correct* way to get the structure size, chime in.  I may have just a "feature" waiting to fail in my current approach....

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner