Hi Team,

I am trying to compile a java program in AS400, We have JDK 1.8 version
installed in our system. While compiling I am getting the below error.

javac AWSV4Auth.java

error: error reading /QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext/sqljdbc42.jar; error in
opening zip file

Tried to compile a simple HelloWorld program, but it is also not working.
I have ENVVAR CLASSPATH set to '/QIBM/ProdData/Java400'

Secondly, I have a .class file created outside AS400 using a JDK version
1.8. I copied the .class to IFS folder '/QIBM/ProdData/Java400' . When I
try using functions from this class, am getting the below error

Message ID . . . . . . : RNQ0301 Severity . . . . . . . : 99
Message type . . . . . : Inquiry
Date sent . . . . . . : 04/12/22 Time sent . . . . . . : 16:49:54

Message . . . . : Java exception received when calling Java method (C G D
F).
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure JVAINT2 in program DEVRXS/JVAINT2 received
Java exception "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JVMCFRE003 bad major
version; class=AWSV4Auth, offset=6" when calling method "<init>" with
signature "()V" in class "AWSV4Auth".
Recovery . . . : Contact the person responsible for program maintenance to
determine the cause of the problem.
Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
D -- Obtain RPG formatted dump.
S -- Obtain system dump.
More...
Reply . . . : C