Thanks Alan,

I give it a try. Got an example of Help Systems.

Karl

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: JAVA400-L [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Alan Campin
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2020 16:34
An: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Betreff: Re: Speed up Java on i

If the writes to the IFS are of a temporary nature, one solution is to
create a Temporary User Defined File System (UDF).

When you create a Temporary UDF, the writes are to memory, not disk. The
UDF is mounted and exists until the next IPL so you need to recreate it
when you IPL.

To any process, it looks just like a normal IFS folder but writes are to
memory.

Look for "ibm i temporary user defined file system" for information on how
to create.

IBM Magazine also had a good article on creating and using them also.