From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "JAVA400-L" <java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IBM i and Java Support - Steve Will
Date: Tue, Dec 11, 2018 3:27 PM

Been doing this tinkering on a spare Win10 desktop

So I added the JAVA_HOME even though what I read said it was only for
the
java development kit.

Now the desktop shortcut to the .hod file works.

But the desktop shortcut to acsbundle.jar does NOT work. It's asking
for
an app. There is no file association for .jar.

What is the proper thing to put there? My Win7 desktop associates it
with
"Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" which is Oracle. I right-click the .jar
file
and point it to java.exe, but it doesn't "take".

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 3:48 PM Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> JAVA_HOME needed to be set to the parent directory...not bin...
>
> All is working (or at least starting :) )
>
> Charles
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > I've removed all oracle JRE & JDKs...
> >
> > I've download OpenJDK and added JAVA_HOME environment variable and
to my
> > path.
> >
> > from a command line..
> > java -version
> > returns
> > openjdk version "11.0.1" 2018-10-16
> > OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.1+13)
> > Eclipse OpenJ9 VM AdoptOpenJDK (build openj9-0.11.0, JRE 11 Windows
10
> > amd64-64-Bit Compressed References 20181020_83 (JIT enabled, AOT
enabled)
> > OpenJ9 - 090ff9dc
> > OMR - ea548a66
> > JCL - f62696f378 based on jdk-11.0.1+13)
> >
> > However, acslaunch_win-64 returns
> > Unable to load 64-bit Java module.
> > Retrying with Windows_i386-32/acslaunch_win-32.exe
> > Unable to load 32-bit Java module.
> >
> > Charles
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM Kevin <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >> Exactly..
> >>
> >> All I did was remove any trace of java from my PC..including
cleaning
> >> the registry and all the relevant env vars..
> >>
> >> Then placed the new java in a ....Java.... folder...and pointed the
path
> >> and JAVA_HOME vars to it.
> >>
> >> Then everything worked..even my old version of ACS.

ACS to

[1]http://ibmsystemsmag.com/blogs/you-and-i/december-2018/ibm-i-and-java-support/

<[9]https://www.kdpsoftware.co.uk/about-us/our-services>

<[11]https://www.kdpsoftware.co.uk/ibm-i-products/ibm-i-change-management>