I have an RFE for that

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=98805

Bryan

message: 2
date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 01:19:51 +0530
from: Madie <bpcs.erp@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Prevent JVM from starting again and again

Sure, I tried using RUNJVA interactively and I found passing parameter to
be cumbersome... seems it does not like parameter length above 256 chars?
Anyways, do you mean you are calling Java methods/class within RPGLE and
its not causing new JVM to be started? I am thinking to implement it as
last resort... appreciate your reply...