Needed to add datatruncation=false to the connection string.

Darryl

Darryl.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:17 PM Raisor, Kevin <kraisor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't remember at what OS release it happened but DB2 introduced a data
truncation property on it's driver settings and you need to set it to false
as it defaults to true. True means it throws an error, false means it will
truncate the data and not throw an error.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAVA400-L [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of a4g
atl
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:00 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Issues with either SQL or JAVA after upgrading from v5.4 to v7.2

We have upgraded to V7.2 from V5.4. I do not know if this is a JAVA or SQL
issue or both.

We have a number of Web Methods interfaces to our systems using the JT400
tools. In v5r4 it works fine, but in v7 something is going wrong and the
database or system is returning a data truncation error. We cannot find
what this truncation is.

We installed the latest JT400 on the remote system.

Web methods is trying to do a simple INSERT into a file that returns a
truncation error.

I ran a communications trace with IBM and IBM sees the request, it is
processed and does not return an error.

What is strange is that IBM sees a PREPARE statement but the EXECUTE is
never received from the client system. The client, a UNIX box, does not
send a PREPARE followed by an EXECUTE so IBMi is doing something under the
covers to convert to PREPARE and EXECUTE. This process must be generating
the error.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, how do you overcome the
problem.

TIA

Darryl Freinkel.
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the IBM i (JAVA400-L) mailing
list