... was sent ro wrong list.

From: "D*B" <dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 10:55 PM
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:MS Access Database

Hi Kent,

For the first part SQuirreL would be my recommendation (it's open Source and available at Sourceforge). You would need an additional JDBC Driver, but this would be no problem for running it at a windows box. For the second part (accessing MS Access from the AS/400) ArdGate could do this (it's open source too). I f you find a Java type 4 JDBC driver (UCAN access myight be possible), you could run ArdGate all on AS/400 and access MS Access with embedded SQL in RPG, or any other SQL interface (STRSQL, QM Query or even Query400). If you want/must use a Windows only JDBC driver, ArdGate is possible too; installing the java part on a windows box, the native part on AS400 it would work as mentioned before.

Feel free to ask additional questions.

Dieter

<Kent>
I have a request to create an MS Access Database file from data on the i. I haven't been able to find any articles on how to do this, so I assume it's not possible. But, I thought I would go the extra mile and post a forum question. I know that MS Access can import files and convert them, but that is not what is requested. The Engineer wants a MDB file that can be read by the production machine.
</Kent>