From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/01/2017 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: How to Invoke a constant in a Java class from RPG
Sent by: "JAVA400-L" <java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Don

I agree generally with Dieter in this area. The more Java calls you have
from RPG, the less well your app will perform. An example is how slow
the use of POI can be, in my experience.

A call to a single class that gets the parameters you need will perform
ever so much better, especially if sent to something like ArdGate, where
you have exactly 1 start of the JVM.

Just to ask Dieter - can these calls to Java from RPG be sent to ArdGate
as individual calls? I don't know enough about ArdGate to say.

Regards
Vern